Reciprocal Licensing Agreement With Alberta

Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, the Isle of Man, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, the United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales) and the United States have reciprocal agreements with Alberta. If you have the equivalent of a Class 5 license from one of the countries mentioned above, you can exchange it in our office without testing time or waiting time. You must provide documents to confirm your stay and legal status in Canada. The license you exchange must be handed over and will be forwarded to the special investigation unit for authentication. Please understand that you will not get this license back. You will receive an intermediate license (paper) and the license itself will arrive by mail in about two weeks. If you are used with your Canadian driver`s license, you can use an IDP in the other countries described in the authorization. It contains a photo and a multilingual translation of your Canadian driver`s license. The various driver`s licenses are: B-driving licence, motorcycle licence (all types), AL Motorcycle light licence (125 cm3), MOTORized AT tricycle or four-wheel drive license, A or B driver`s license for vehicles driven by disabled people, C heavy vehicle licence, D public transport licence and E trailer licence. Keep in mind that your driver`s license has 12 points that can be lost after misdemeanors.

For more information, please contact the prefecture of your department. U.S. licensees may exchange classes 5, 6 or 7 without additional verification requirements, and any category of licence other than Class 5, 6 and 7 must meet all verification requirements. Drivers from another jurisdiction in Alberta can apply for credit for your driving history. If you are accepted, you will be released from a full part or license program based on your many years of experience. With this waiver, you have access to a road test without the need for a Class 7 licence for one year or a Class 5 GDL for a full year. Please note that drivers with an Ontario licence must have had their licence for at least 24 months in the past 3 years. Individuals who come from a country with a reciprocal licensing agreement with Canada in Alberta can exchange their driver`s licence for an Alberta licence of the same class.

These countries are: Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Isle of Man, Japan, Republic of Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom and United States.

Veröffentlicht in Allgemein